Words

“If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.” ― J.R.R. Tolkien

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

I'm Dechoxing!

I am a bit of a chocoholic (despite the fact that there is no such thing as chocohol). Truth be told, I'm actually just an inveterate snacker, but if the snacks in question contain chocolate, so much the better.


I also work in a convenience store where I am surrounded by vast quantities of snacks (mostly chocolate based ones) all day.


Consider, then, the difficulty I had in deciding to join in with the British Heart Foundation's month-long Dechox, where participants are required to avoid all of the temptingly delicious forms of chocolate for the entire month of March, raising money for breakthrough research into heart disease by way of donations and sponsorship along the way.


You may say I am mad, but I say nay,nay.
 After all, it isn't like I'm giving up eating, or even snacking. Just chocolate.

I may be mad, but I'm not crazy.

If you wish to donate to this very worthy cause, click on my page.
https://www.justgiving.com/dechox2015-jeffhickmott_

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on and chew the fat!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...