Words

“If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.” ― J.R.R. Tolkien

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Costa, Caramella, Custard Cream

I suspect you folks are probably aware by now that I am a bit of a fan of coffee, and a fan of sweet things also. Not only that but I am somewhat of a nostalgia freak. So when I can get all three things in one big hit, I am a happy boy.

The other day we went into Costa. Now, I have to say this upfront: Costa is not my favourite coffee joint. There are others I prefer, but where our particular branch wins is ease of access. Ramp up to the big front door, ramp down to the lower seating level. And we had the baby stroller with us, so we were all over it.

While deciding what to have we noticed an ad on the board for a new drink - the Caramella. It sounded good, so we ordered one each. While waiting for it to be made I noticed in their cabinet something that made me drool. A custard cream biscuit. But not just any old custard cream biscuit. A humongous one. I had to have it. It was sitting next to some similar-sized bourbon creams too.

Now, normal custard creams are quite small - I could lay two of them on top of my cellphone. This custard cream, I can lay two cellphones on top of it.

See what I mean?

I placed it next to Rosie so you can see how huge.

Oh, and perhaps I should mention that it was quite delicious. The best Custard Cream I have ever tasted. Really authentic flavour, a real blast from the past.
The Caramella is basically a latte or flat white-type coffee with a shot of caramel syrup with a drizzle of caramel on top.


Not a bad coffee by any means, just not spectacular. But pair it with the giant cookie - BOOM!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on and chew the fat!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...