Words

“If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.” ― J.R.R. Tolkien

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Lunchin' At The Lion

The White Lion in Tenterden is one of my favourite places for lunch, chiefly because despite their patchy service (sometimes it's great, but oftentimes it's slower than snail snot) their food is consistently good, at least in my experience. It's also not too pricey, which, to a cheapskate like myself, is a key factor.

Today Laura and I stopped in for a wee bite as we were both feeling a bit wafty, and in need of sustenance.

I wasn't going to need a huge amount but I did want something satisfying. That's why I went for the Homemade Fish Finger sandwich. That does not mean that it was a homemade sandwich with regular fish fingers in, oh no no no. These are homemade fish fingers, more like goujons really, in a big ol' doorstep-style sarnie.

Seriously thick sammie.

Interior shot. Homemade fish fingers. Mmmm. And that bread was nice and soft, and really fresh too.
Laura's choice was the Wiltshire Ham and Chutney sandwich.

Again, a serious doorstep of a sandwich. Nice big thick slices of ham, and a good dollop of chutney.
We also opted for a side order of the wickedest onion rings I've had in a long long time.

This is an example of onion rings that actually tasted as good as they looked. Crispy and hot and tasty, and they held together when you bit them, unlike some I've had where the onion just slides out of the batter and leaves a droopy shell.
Coupled with a pint of Marston's Pedigree, a damn good lunch.


Let's give it five yums out of five!

Kooshti sante!

1 comment:

Come on and chew the fat!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...