Words

“If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.” ― J.R.R. Tolkien

Friday, March 4, 2011

Zest and Plonk

Yesterday we paid a return visit to Zest, and it was worth it. They'd changed the layout a little on the interior, replacing a glass-fronted chiller cabinet with a wall and shelves, and it actually made the place a little more open and airy-looking. The food was great too...


I love having free refills on the coffee!

I love these little gingerbready biccies that come with the coffee too.

What I ordered was what's known as The Huntley Four. Four Huntley's Pork & Leek sausages, a bed of mashed potato (which has onion and leek in it too) with melted cheese and a nice puddle of rich gravy, all for around the £7 mark.
Closeup.

Laura had the Baked potato stuffed with Coronation Chicken, which comes with a side salad and a ramekin of fresh coleslaw.

Altogether a very nice experience. I thoroughly recommend it.

I recently purchased from Liquid Pleasure a nice rose called Domaine De Pellehaut from Maison Sichel, and I liked it so much I went back for another bottle.


Light and fruity, not too sweet, but not too tart either. Would be perfect for a summer picnic on the beach...

Alright, gotta go as I smell the Beef en Croute cooking in the oven...

Kooshti Sante!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on and chew the fat!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...