Words

“If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.” ― J.R.R. Tolkien

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Back At The Vine


Okay, I know I posted a piece about The Vine last week, but guess what? (a) it's my blog and I get to write about what I want; and (b) I like the Vine, and I went there again today with my Sis and Laura. Let's get started shall we?

First thing you need to know about the place, and this is something I touched on briefly last time, is how well-appointed and decorated this pub is.
















We ordered from the regular lunch menu even though there were many delicious-sounding specials...


The girls both ordered a burger and Coke:


With a side order of scrummy onion rings:


I went with my gut instinct and picked the Bangers and Mash.

These three big ol' saussies came with the creamiest mashed potatoes. They weren't fat- or butter-laden, but they were creamy smooth and the whole shebang sat in a delicious puddle of red wine gravy.
To drink, I had a pint of Shepherd Neame's Late Red Ale.

Yes, I have a pink phone.
After that delightful main course we were tempted by the dessert menu (of course).

Sis had the Belgian Waffle, drizzled with chocolate and caramel, sprinkled with blueberries and topped with vanilla ice cream.

Laura had the chocolate mousse, delivered in a teacup.

Mine was the baklava, served warm with a strawberry and vanilla ice cream, sitting in a pool of honeyish syrup. Nice and sugary! Had a coffee with it, which calmed the sugar down a little. 
Sure beat being outside...



The Vine is fast becoming my favourite place in Tenterden to eat. Looking forward to some of the future events...

Mmmm, Tapas Night sounds promising...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on and chew the fat!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...